Upcoming & Past Programs
The Roller Coaster of Holiday Caregiving
Conversations with Dr. Tam Cummings - A Monthly Education Series for the Dementia Caregiver
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2022 11:00 A.M.- 12:15 P.M. ET, 10:00 A.M.- 11:15 A.M. CT
Featuring Guest Speaker Tam Cummings, Ph.D., Gerontologist, Author, Untangling Alzheimer’s: The Guide for Families and Professionals
The month of December is traditionally thought of as happy, joy-filled month full of close and binding family events. However, the roller coaster of dementia and its effects on your loved one also affect you and can make your holidays much more difficult. Join us as Dr. Tam Cummings discusses:
- Stress tips for getting through the holidays.
- Giving yourself permission to not have a “traditional” holiday this year.
- Preparing family members for what they will see and experience with loved ones living with dementia.
- Tips on caring for your loved one during a traditional family holiday.
- Common behavioral challenges faced during the holiday season.
Questions can be directed to: